Sunday, August 21, 2016

Buddy System stickers for cell phones

No one comments on my posts, so I do not expect spam or abuse.

Today I went to another church. A Church of God called West Metro. The music was full of praise and there were people filled with the spirit praisging God. The pastor made comments about following God. He didn't mention the cross, persecution, sexism, martyrdom, or suffering at all. It was depressing that ministry is so easy for him and the worst thing he has to consider is whether someone will make meatballs or pound cake for him or others. 

One person did talk to me about the autoharp from the music ministry. A leader who teaches music. I gave him the info about Autoharp Angels and people who cannot afford a musical instrument getting an autoharp that is donated. I then had a chance to show a young woman what an autoharp sounds like, and played it for her. Her Mom was there and she called me Hon. The young woman was excited I told her about it and the price. I said it cost $400, and then she would not need lessons. She could pluck, strum and read the ABCs of guitar/uke/banjo/autoharp tabs/chords, and she could have picks so she never needed blisters and callouses on her fingers. If I had gone to Sunday School, I would have been more cheerful and happy at the end of it. If you get a chance read Post Traumatic Church Syndrome. That is why this year I will go to a different church this year every Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact blogger at Charlottefairchild@gmail.com Put Buddy System Pink in subject, or kudzu in the subject line, please.