Thursday, November 11, 2021

Kudzu

 I talked with William Shurtleff on the phone once. He asked where I got the number and I told him which newspaper article listed his number. He asked if I was suggesting to people to get the young leaves. I said, no. I get the largest and darkest leaves because that is where the nutrition is. I cut up the leaves and juice the leaves in a blender with equal parts water. 


The Book of Kudzu is free on Google Books.  William Shurtleff, botanist, graduated from Stanford U. in botany and is an expert in soybeans, a cousin of kudzu. His wife and co-author, is  Akiko Aoyagi. She did art and recipes in the book and the outside, I believe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact blogger at Charlottefairchild@gmail.com Put Buddy System Pink in subject, or kudzu in the subject line, please.